Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Year of 23

Today I am 23 years young and celebrating the fabulously blessed life I live. To commemorate the day, I'm stealing an idea that my boss shared with us when she celebrated a birthday this year. Yes, New Years is a few short days away and yes, I struggle in the season of holidays to mark my day special so I'm gonna try something new. Birthday Resolutions. Because it's my year to do with what I want, at my age, and on my own time.

For 23, I'd like to...
  • Make more playlists
  • Use my yoga mat
  • Invest in beauty products
  • Keep blogging

I love music, but don't spend enough time updating my iTunes library, checking out new artists and songs that aren't on the radio, or creating playlists that really do something for me. This can change.

My senior year of college I bought my first yoga mat. It currently remains rolled up under my bed. Enough said.

I love Target and CVS, but now is the time to find certain products I love and consistently invest in them. End the impulse buys and frivolously bouncing around brands with a million different tubes and containers that take up far too much space in my toiletry and makeup case. 

I'm a writer. And I want to keep writing. Whether people take an interest or not.

My body and my mind have been revived while being at home and away from my work email. What a perfect wrap to the end of the semester and gift to myself to set goals that will personally drive me.

With shine and sparkle and the start of my year,

- JY