Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Adventures at IH

Centennial, Colorado has been a little bit of what I expected and a little bit of what I haven't.  It's rained almost every day we've been here, which is so surprising and unusual to me, but it's also been a quite productive visit.  The CLC team has been working nonstop since last Wednesday (yes, even through the weekend) and doing our best to soak in everything we'll need for the next year.  We got professional head shots taken, branded visit packets made, and received our fancy travel badges along with our schedules!  The perks have been quite nice- literally living at our office and bonding after work hours.  We still have a lot to get through, but with that a lot to look forward to!

I am PUMPED about my schedule and assignments... don't worry, announcements will come out as I go ;).  I am ready to make an impact and be a positive, gracious ambassador for Gamma Phi Beta.  I have some personal obstacles to overcome as I'll be on the road and physically away from my boyfriend and family for weeks at a time.  It's already been a bit of an emotional ride with training; the hardships of my role are definitely setting in. However, I am fortunate enough to be traveling and working with some of the most fantastic women and young leaders that exist.  These women share the ideals and purposes that I hold high and it's been more than rewarding to learn about them as people, sisters, and coworkers.  To have their support in this whole process makes it that much more memorable.

With bright eyes,

- JY