Tuesday, July 9, 2013

On to the next!

I've been home from Destin for three days and it's been a whirlwind of checking emails, shopping for necessities (well maybe a few extras too), packing, texting the team, and reading lots of material to prepare for training.

I had the opportunity to visit International Headquarters last summer during Gamma Phi Beta's Convention. I got to sneak a peek of the CLC rooms, not even thinking that one day I would be staying there! We have some fun things lined up for the duration of our stay mixed in with our busy schedule. However, we jump straight into working once we arrive. It is definitely a fast-paced mindset but that's what adds to the excitement. :)

I don't have much free time left of my "summer" but I plan on making the best of it after this stay at IH! Because once the schedules are set, I only get one weekend off per month. Talk about time management... haha. I can't help thinking about how quickly time is passing and how I'll be away from my own chapter during their recruitment week. I already miss the Zeta Chi members but I know I'm serving Gamma Phi Beta on a bigger and deeper level. They represent where I came from and how I got to this position. Hopefully I'll be able to leave a bit Zeta Chi love wherever I travel to.

With a happy heart,

- JY