Fall is my favorite season.
I love boots and scarves and crinkly leaves and the colors they turn. I love my morning coffee more than ever; not only does it taste good, but it keeps me warm too. I'm at the University of Denver soaking in the beauty of the campus and the city and embracing the chilly air. Between here and Arizona, I definitely have found some second homes on the road. The end of my first semester traveling is swiftly approaching. I mean it's already November (basically, and I guess Happy Halloween?)! When I sit down and think about it, I realize how much I've experienced so far and how much more there's still to come.
Here's a little recap of my visits and what's left through December:
Started at Oklahoma State University, flew to University of South Carolina, had my first visit at Arizona State University, saw formal recruitment at University of Arizona, helped with extension/PR at University of Central Florida, flew back to Arizona State for my second visit, ventured to Northern Arizona University, flew to Indiana State, went up to Minnesota State University, came down to Arizona State for my third visit, made it to University of Denver...
Next is Ohio State and Duke University to do some prep work for colonization in the spring, back to ASU for the fourth time, then off to Florida Institute of Technology, over to Illinois State University, and ASU for the fifth and final time.
Airports have become a routine and packing is not a challenge anymore. Time differences take a toll on my body but I manage by getting a solid amount of sleep each night, no matter where I'm at. I'm REALLY looking forward to a whole week at home for Thanksgiving with my family and boyfriend. I'll be curious to see if I can manage being stationary for more than 4 days ;).
I've formed some great friendships during my travels and will always feel privileged for the opportunities I've been given. The kicker now is that I've got to start thinking about my next move in life... What job will I be able to enjoy as much as this one? That is the question.
Pondering away,
- JY