Checking in here at my three week mark of traveling! I've spent the past week and a half in Tempe at Arizona State battling blazing sunshine. I love their open campus and how much I was able to walk around, however, the heat is literally incredible. I'll be back in September so this was just a little preview of what I'll be experiencing again further down the road.
From Tempe, I road tripped a little ways over to Tucson. I'm staying in the Gamma Phi Beta house nicknamed the "Pink Palace" and loving the recruitment energy. When I'm feeling down or missing home too much, I remind myself that the women I'm surrounded by are my sisters and that recruitment is the best time of year (other than Christmas or my birthday). And... that I'll be reunited with more CLC buds on SUNDAY! I have the lucky privilege of supporting an extension and colonization process at the University of Central Florida in Orlando. My time in Orlando will be quite different than anything I've experienced thus far but I can't wait. I love being faced with new challenges and learning as I go and I know that UCF will provide a change of pace for my CLC adventure.
With my head held high,
- JY
P.S. My Texas roots are serving me well- from Oklahoma to South Carolina to Arizona to Florida, there is no escaping 90+ temperatures!