Gamma Phi Beta has been a colony on campus for about three weeks now. With the way this semester is going, I am literally going to be moving out of this apartment the second I feel all-the-way settled. Tomorrow begins the month of March; this brings colony retreat, spring break, time with family, formal, and (fingers-crossed) sunshine. I have mixed emotions about the city of Columbus, mainly because of the weather. I am not a winter girl (even though I love boots, scarves, and jackets) and I'm ready to have some much needed vitamin D brighten up my skin. However, when I'm brave enough to face the cold, I love exploring the Short North and the character that Columbus has to offer. My appreciation for what's around me keeps me looking ahead without cursing the snowy wind too much.
More and more I am figuring out how to be a successful resident consultant. There's no clear path, no easy answer to every issue I am faced with. I rely on my experience and the experience of my roommate to formulate solutions. I thrive on challenge, I love learning, and I value the input of others. This is my mantra, for now, and how I'll continue to work with the colony. I believe in passionate women committed to leaving a legacy and it's my mission to spread that belief here.
To forging ahead,
-JY